Morgan Wolfe is an associate solicitor and solicitor advocate in Leigh Day’s human rights department where she specialises in consumer claims and large-scale group actions.
Morgan’s extensive human rights background includes professional postings with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Eastern Europe and North Africa and operational roles with leading international relief and development NGOs in sub-Saharan Africa.
After completing her legal training with a top-200 City law firm and qualifying as a solicitor in 2018, Morgan worked for a litigation practice in West London then joined a silk-led London litigation boutique where she advised individuals, companies, public bodies and state actors on complex, multijurisdictional disputes and international arbitration.
At Leigh Day, Morgan is a member of the legal team representing tens of thousands of claimants seeking compensation from car manufacturers Nissan and Renault for allegedly fitting emissions ‘cheat devices’ on some of their diesel vehicles and deliberately misleading car owners over the environmental performance of their vehicles.
- Advising London law firm on jurisdictional issues in relation to a group action by South American farmers against a producer-exporter for cartel conduct.
- Member of pro bono legal team advising Conley King in ECJ holiday pay claim against The Sash Window Workshop.
Certifications and accreditations
- Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) Qualification, 2021
- Certificat pratique français commercial et économique, Paris Chamber of Commerce, 1998
Awards and recognition
- Shortlisted for LawWorks/Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award, 2017
- Recognised for contribution to Women on Boards UK, 2016
Morgan Wolfe publications and news
- ‘Are you a lawyer yet?’: two graduates on their pathways into law Guardian 3.10.22
- Dieselgate: behind the scenes of group litigation Westminster & Holborn Law Society August 2022
- The Digital Dispute Resolution Rules are here. Now what? Mondaq 8.6.21
- High Court has high hopes for remote swearing of affidavits Mondaq 27.5.21
- The future of DeFi regulation Mondaq 24.5.21
- Can you handle the truth? What the new rules on witness statements in the Business and Property Courts mean for you Mondaq 14.5.21
- Law firm partner suspended for 18 months and ordered to pay £11,000 in costs for posting offensive tweets blames ‘curse of Twitter’ Mondaq 14.5.21
- Featured in Career Management for Lawyers: Practical Strategies to Plan Your Next Chapter
- Paradise Paper Chase: When is a leak a crime? Chambers and partners 13.21.17
- High Court rules software = goods in agency relationship Chambers and partners 29.11.16
Voluntary and pro bono
- Honorary legal advisor for RCJ Advice
- Executive committee member for Young Bar Advocate
- Mentor for Law Society Diversity Access Scheme
- Former steering committee member for the Women Lawyers Division of the Law Society
- Former law firm pro bono representative
Professional memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Westminster & Holborn Law Society
- The Collective Redress Lawyers Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Association
- Crypto Fraud and Asset Recovery network
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Morgan is a long-time champion of greater access to the legal profession by underrepresented groups and actively promotes allyship in the workplace and beyond.
English (native), French (fluent), Spanish (conversational), Russian (basic)