What our clients say
Outstanding support from Angela Bruno & Leigh Day. After 8 years, it is a testament to your perseverance that we have achieved this conclusion.
Jonathan via Trustpilot
What people say
"I was really impressed with Angela's professionalism and empathy shown over the last two years". - client of Angela
“My claim was dealt with by Angela Bruno. Her advice was excellent and she achieved a settlement for me which comfortably exceeded my expectations. I am a very satisfied client.” - client of Angela
“It has taken more than five years to negotiate a settlement. Throughout this time Leigh Day have been most professional. They have responded to all messages from me within 24 hours, they have explained legal matters in a way I can understand - and have made sure that I understand. They have explained all options available to me and ensured I understand the implications of each. The defendants have often been slow with replies, but I believe Leigh Day have routinely done everything from their end as quickly as possible. Their telephone and e-mail contacts with me have been handled in a most courteous manner.” - client of Angela
“I found Leigh Day easy to work with. they worked closely with me on my case. I was happy with the work carried out and the outcome.” – Simon Lee
Angela is a leading product liability and consumer law specialist. She is an experienced litigator adept at handling complex, high value claims relating to medical devices, defective products for individuals and groups. She has acted for families in a number of high profile food poisoning and food allergy cases culminating in catastrophic injury and fatality. Angela is resolute in her pursuit of justice, a specialist negotiator and keen advocate.
She has unparalleled success in negotiating settlements with various multinational companies and representing individuals with complex legal issues. Her practice areas include:
- Medical devices – Angela assists in the management of a team of lawyers who act in the ASR hip litigation representing over 600 claimants against DePuy International Limited where many have suffered permanent, life changing disabilities. She represents individual claimants in the group with the most complex causation cases and those with catastrophic injuries including those who have undergone multiple operative procedures. As a result of the teams’ unparalleled success in pursuing complex medical device claims, she has now been instructed in other multiple group actions involving failed hip & knee devices.
- Food allergy: Angela is part of a team that leads the way in food allergy claims. She acts on behalf of a number of individuals who have suffered severe anaphylactic reactions to food and has represented families of those who have suffered fatal anaphylaxis. Angela is part of the legal team that represents the family of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, a 15-year-old girl who died of anaphylaxis as a result of ingesting hidden sesame in a Pret-a-Manger baguette. Angela was also part of the team that represented the family of Owen Carey, an 18 year old boy who died of anaphylaxis as a result of consuming a chicken burger at Byron Burger which had been marinated in buttermilk. Angela assisted the head of the food safety team in the London office with the Inquest touching the death of Celia Marsh, a 42-year-old mother-of-5, who died of anaphylaxis after consuming a Pret-a-Manger super-veg rainbow flatbread. The flatbread contained a yoghurt manufactured by Planet Coconut which was purported to be “dairy-free”. Tragically for Celia, the yoghurt was contaminated with milk.
- Food poisoning: Angela acts on behalf of a catastrophically injured client who remains neurologically impaired following the consumption of a contaminated chicken liver Paté dish at a prestigious events ceremony. Angela was also involved in recovering substantial damages for a family whose children were hospitalised in the ICU following the ingestion of sauce contaminated with botulism. Two of the children were left with debilitating life changing injuries. Angela is also assisting representing a group of individuals who contracted Hepatitis A after consuming recalled batches of Medjool dates. Claimants in this cohort have experienced profoundly debilitating symptoms requiring admission to hospital and many suffer ongoing effects of Hepatitis A months post-incident including potential damage to their gall bladders. Angela assists in managing a team in multiple group claims against well-known catering companies, leading food manufacturers and hoteliers where vast numbers of individuals have suffered food poisoning.
- Consumer goods: Angela is pursuing multiple group claims against leading manufacturers of cat food, Natural Instinct and Fold Hill Foods, on behalf of hundreds of animal lovers whose cats have suffered severe illness / death. Some cat owners suffered debilitating symptoms after contracting Tuberculosis (TB) from their cat(s) who consumed contaminated cat food. Many other cat owners are grieving the untimely loss of their family pets.
Angela Bruno in the news
- My sister would still be alive if the food industry took allergy labels seriously enough Guardian 29.9.22
- Pret death: Family 'angry' allergic mum died from dairy contamination BBC News 26.9.22
- Celia Marsh's daughters call for action to keep people with food allergies safe GMB 26.9.22
- 'Things need to change' - Family plea for stricter food tests after mum dies from allergic reaction ITV News 26.9.22
- Families need help with inquests, say relatives of woman who died of dairy allergy Guardian 23.9.22
- Bride and 28 Guests Get Food Poisoning at Wedding, Ruining Disney Honeymoon Newsweek 7.4.22
- Bromley wedding gives bride and 28 guests food poisoning ThisisLocalLondon 7.4.22
- Father left fighting for life after eating chicken liver parfait served at awards dinner Evening Standard 14.6.18
What our clients say
Used Leigh Day Solicitors to pursue a claim which resulted in an excellent settlement. Overall I am very impressed by the service I received. Particular thanks to Angela Bruno and her team.
Geoff Unsworth via Trustpilot
News and blogs
Müller recalls Cadbury dessert products due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes
People who have purchased any of six Cadbury dessert products are being warned not to eat them over fears that they may contain listeria and are being encouraged to return them to stores for a refund.
Pre-inquest review hearing into the death of Celia Marsh
A pre-inquest review (PIR) hearing regarding the death of Celia Marsh has been held at Avon Coroner’s Court in Flax Bourton.
Legal claim settled for bride and groom whose wedding was tarnished due to food poisoning
Emma and Stuart Seaton are keen to speak out after almost 30 people, including Emma herself, became unwell with severe food poisoning likely due to eating chicken liver pâté at their wedding reception at The Manor at Bickley in Bromley, London.