020 7650 1200

Crush injury claims

Crush injuries at work can have serious, and sometimes life-changing consequences. Injuries can range from crushing fingers in a door to injuries that result in amputation or paralysis. Our workplace injury team has represented many people following a crush injury , talk to us as soon as possible to investigate a claim.

Suffering a crushed finger, hand or limb can have serious implications on your ability to work in the future. A life-changing injury such as amputation may mean that you can never work in your chosen field again.

The most common types of crush injury involve unfenced or unguarded machinery, for example in a factory or on farms where hands or limbs can be drawn into mechanisms such as balers. 

If you have been injured in a crushing incident in the workplace you may be able to claim compensation from your employer who has a duty of care to protect you from injury at work.

What you should do if you've been injured at work

Our expert work injury lawyers give you guidance on what to do if you have been injured at work.

Seek appropriate medical attention

It goes without saying that your health is paramount and the first thing to do is seek treatment for your injury.

If you have to go to hospital make sure that an accurate account of the accident is given to the doctor who first treats you there. Always talk to your own GP as soon as possible, even if you don’t need hospital treatment, and make sure he or she has an accurate report of the accident.

Your medical records will be requested during the course of your claim. 

Talk to us

Talk to a specialist accident at work solicitor as quickly as possible. There is a time limit of three years from the date of your accident for starting Court proceedings.

Report it

Report your accident to your employers as quickly as possible, and ask for a copy of the accident book entry as this will become important evidence in your claim. Depending on the severity and type of your injury the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) may carry out an investigation. 

You don’t have to make any statement to your employers about the accident, apart from a brief report to be entered in the accident book. Generally, it is inadvisable to make a signed statement, particularly in the period immediately after the accident.

Report your accident to the Department of Work and Pensions. This will help you to make an application for state benefits.

Gather details

Get details of any witnesses to your accident and pass this information to a specialist work injury lawyer as soon as possible.

Talk to your representative

Ask your shop steward or safety representative to take photographs of the accident scene. 

Gather evidence

Take photographs of your injuries as soon as possible after the accident, and at regular intervals during your recovery.

Get help today

Call us on

Request a

The work we do

Client Story
JCB Construction
Workplace Injury Workers' health

Workplace injury - Mr M's story

Client Story
Paper Mill
Workplace Injury Workers' health

Workplace injury - Leonard's story

Download our personal injury brochure

Download a copy of our personal injury brochure to learn more about how we can help you and how we have helped others following a serious injury