Thomas regularly pursues cases of the highest value and complexity against well-known multinational companies and government bodies, including group actions.
Thomas is an expert in consumer law, product liability, personal injury, inquests / coronial law, cross-jurisdictional disputes, insurance law, contract disputes, professional negligence and dispute resolution. He is a contributing author to “Coroners’ Investigations and Inquests” published by LexisNexis.
He is an authority on product recall practice and procedure.
He regularly features in the national media on cases of public importance.
What the directories say
Thomas has such great attention to detail and a very friendly approach that makes others feel valued. He strives to help those who need it and works to provide justice for those who do not have the ability to get it themselves.
Chambers and partners 2024
What people say
‘Thomas Jervis is internationally recognised in the field for his expertise in consumer law and product liability. He is extraordinarily thorough in his preparation for and knowledge of his case load and he combines this with a humble and approachable manner that makes him an absolute delight to work with. He is an outstanding team player and highly capable.’ Legal 500 2023
"Leigh Day's support and guidance has meant not only have I been compensated for my losses it has been a stepping stone for me after going through such a traumatic event." April via Trustpilot
- the death of Oliver Steeper, the toddler died after choking at his nursery in Ashford, Kent.
- the death of of James Atkinson who died of suspected anaphylaxis after ordering food via the Deliveroo app
- the death of 2 year-old Sadie Salt (who died following a choking incident at her nursery);
- the death of John Wilson who died in an explosion caused by a recalled Beko Fridge Freezer (claims brought and settled in negligence)
- Hoover Candy Tumble Dryer Litigation
- Mr Donald O’Driscoll v F.I.V.E Bianchi S.p.A (alleged subtle brain injury following front forks failure on a Bianchi road bike)
- the death of 18 year-old Owen Carey (involving Byron Burger);
- the death of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse (Pret-a-Manger and British Airways);
- the death of 18 year old Shante Turay-Thomas who died from a suspected allergic reaction to an unknown food;
- the death of Jonathan Weatherley who died following the failure of his Kinesis Racelight TK2 when the forks separated
- the Shepherd’s Bush Tower Block Fire Group Litigation;
- the Corin Metal-on-Metal Hip Litigation;
- Whirlpool Litigation (dishwashers, fridge freezers, tumble dryers);
- Beko Litigation (fridge-freezers, tumble dryers);
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Litigation;
- TGN1412 Clinical Drug Trial (referred to in media as the Elephant Man Drug Trial;
- Buncefield Explosion;
- Porton Down Veterans Litigation;
- Trafigura v Motto.
Thomas Jervis in the news
- "It's a bit of a mess": A solicitor's take on Shimano crankgate on our latest podcast Road.cc 13.10.23
- Sarah de Lagarde fell on to the Tube tracks. Nobody helped. Why? FT Magazine 5.10.23 What happens when the world’s oldest underground railway falls behind the rest of the world’s safety measures. Thomas also discussed this case on Vanessa Feltz Talk TV 5.10.23.
- Legal expert responds to Shimano crank inspection calling it a 'very unusual approach to corrective action' Cycling Weekly 26.9.23
- Parents of nine-month-old baby who died after choking at nursery pledge to appeal CPS decision not to bring criminal charges in the case Mail online 7.2.23
- Baby chokes to death at nursery as heartbroken parents demand justice for 'perfect' tot Mirror 7.2.23
- Sadie Salt: Pre-inquest review set for toddler who choked on sausage Borehamwood Times 17.11.22 + Watford Observer 17.11.22
- University graduate, 23, who had peanut allergy 'collapsed and died just over an hour after taking two bites of chicken tikka masala pizza he ordered on Deliveroo' Daily Mail 8.5.22
- Lawyer in the news: Thomas Jervis, Leigh Day LSG 23.3.20
What our clients say
Tom dealt with my claim from beginning to end in not only an extremely professional manner but equally important he was extremely sensitive and compassionate in what we as a family were going through. I also felt like a human being rather than 'another client' from day one."
Alert issued over carbon monoxide poisoning risk of gas range stoves
A national alert has been issued for unsafe gas cookers that present a serious risk of carbon monoxide poisoning which could cause death.
Pre-inquest review hearing into the death of James Atkinson
A pre-inquest review hearing regarding the death of 23-year-old James Atkinson will be held on Tuesday 10 May 2022 from 1.30pm at Newcastle Upon Tyne Coroner’s Court, Civic Centre, Barras Bridge NE1 8QH. The hearing is in-person only and is listed for one hour.
Product safety lawyers investigate chlorine gas leak at London Olympic Park
Product safety specialist lawyers are investigating after a pregnant mother and her daughter were among 29 people taken to hospital following a chlorine gas leak at London’s Olympic Park.