Frances Clark is an associate solicitor and solicitor-advocate (Civil) in Leigh Day’s human rights department where she specialises in consumer claims, large scale group actions and clinical trials claims.
Frances qualified as a civil and commercial mediator in August 2015.
Prior to joining Leigh Day in January 2021, Frances trained at a Legal 500 firm of specialist charity lawyers, advising individuals, charities, and NGOs on contentious and non-contentious matters. Prior to qualification, Frances worked at the largest global charitable foundation, the Wellcome Trust where her work focussed on the development of global partnership CEPI, which was heavily involved in the fight against Covid-19. Frances has worked with NGOs in Ghana and Zimbabwe focussing on conversation.
At Leigh Day, Frances is currently instructed in relation to the following matters:
- Individual claims against pharmaceutical companies on behalf of volunteers and patients who were injured having participated in clinical drug trials;
- A group claim against Nissan and Renault on behalf of car owners who allege ‘defeat device’ were fitted on some of their diesel cars in order to artificially reduce emissions to pass regulatory tests. It is alleged that software used in vehicles is unlawful;
- A group claim on behalf of NHS patients who received blood transfusions contaminated with the Hepatitis C virus in a group action against the Secretary of State for Health; and
- A group claim against easyJet on behalf of clients who were affected by the unauthorised disclosure of their personal information as a result of data breaches;
- A group claim against TalkTalk on behalf of clients who were affected by the unauthorised disclosure of their personal information as a result of data breaches.
Outside of the office, Frances is a volunteer with Samaritans and is also a qualified Yoga teacher.
Frances is a steering committee member of the firm’s Women’s Committee.
Certifications and accreditations
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Advocacy) Qualification, 2020
- Civil and Commercial Mediator (London School of Mediation), 2015