Sanja deals with a wide range of cases involving medical care provided to patients at NHS and private hospitals, by private doctors and GPs, resulting in serious injury or death. Sanja brings claims on behalf of adults, children and bereaved families.
Sanja has a particular interest in obstetrics and gynaecology and issues affecting women's health. She has significant experience of acting for women who have been injured during childbirth and who have suffered perineal tears (3rd and 4th degree tears). She also acts for children who have sustained brain injuries at or after birth, including those who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy and Erb's palsy Sanja represents parents who have suffered the loss of a baby because of stillbirth or neo-natal death.
Sanja’s other particular interest is amputation, an area in which she has a growing practice. Sanja also specialises in fatal cases, and has considerable experience in bringing claims arising from the death of a loved one. She represents and supports bereaved families through the process of a Coroner’s Inquest.
Sanja Strkljevic is a standout partner at the firm – she is exceptionally bright and an excellent tactical thinker.
Legal 500 2021
Cases Sanja has successfully concluded include:
- Obtaining a six figure settlement in a claim brought by a woman who sustained life-changing injuries during the birth of her child.
- Securing Judgment in favour of a child who sustained a brain injury resulting in cerebral palsy during a complex delivery.
- Settling a claim brought by a family of a woman who died during her pregnancy after a negligent failure to diagnose and treat pre-eclampsia at a London Hospital.
- Securing a six figure settlement for a woman who sustained injuries in childbirth resulting in a recto-vaginal fistula.
- Significant six-figure compensation for the children of a woman who died following negligent treatment of a haematological condition.
- Obtaining compensation for the family of a young woman who died from hyponatraemia.
- Obtaining a six figure settlement for a woman who sustained significant psychiatric injuries from her experiences of negligent failure to diagnose post-operative complications of cholecystectomy.
- Settling a claim arising from a stillbirth.
- Settling a claim for a six-figure sum for a woman who suffered facial disfigurement after a delay in diagnosing a sarcoma.
- Obtaining significant compensation for a man who sustained neurological injuries as a consequence of anaesthetic and surgical negligence.
- Obtaining compensation for the adult children of a woman who died as a result of negligent failure to diagnose and treat thyrotoxicosis.
- Securing settlement for a widow and child of a man who died as a result of negligent failure to diagnose and treat post-operative complications of bowel surgery at King’s College Hospital.
- Settling a claim for a partner of a woman who died after a negligent failure to diagnose and treat a psoas abscess at Queen’s Hospital.
Sanja in the news
It's time to modernise the Fatal Accidents Act Solicitors Journal 19.9.l7
Sanja was asked to speak on Al Jazeera News on 6.3.16 when she commented on questions over Ireland's compensation for symphysiotomy victims.
The first act of a costs saga Solicitors Journal 10.8.15
Thank you very much for all the kindness, care and support you have shown me. Your advice has always been sensible, considered and honest and you have helped guide me through the whole process with relative ease. I could not have found myself in safer hands.
Client of Sanja
Clinical negligence solicitor brands leaked Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust report 'shocking'
Details of a leaked report into maternity care at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust have been published today by the Independent.
Six-figure settlement for delayed diagnosis of sarcoma
A six-figure settlement has been achieved for a 44-year-old woman (Miss X) who sustained life changing facial injuries after an eight-month delay in diagnosing a sarcoma, a type of cancer, at West Suffolk Hospital.