020 7650 1200


Appliance fire - Jessica’s story

Jessica and her daughter were forced out of their home after a fire

In October 2017, Jessica Robinson returned from the school run to find her house alight. The fire was caused by a Bush washing machine that she had bought from Argos.

Her kitchen was destroyed by fire. Every other room in the house and their contents, including beds, bedding, toys, cots and clothes had been coated in and contaminated by the black toxic smoke produced by the fire.

Jessica, her young daughter and three dogs were forced out of their home and into temporary accommodation.

Watch Jessica's story