Kriya is a solicitor who works in the clinical negligence department.
Kriya qualified in 2016 after training at the firm, and has since specialised in medical negligence claims. She has worked on a wide range of complex and high value cases arising from clinical negligence including birth injuries (affecting both mothers and children), infectious disease claims, mental health claims, gynaecology and fatal claims. Most recently Kriya has been working on inquests and assisting families who have lost loved ones due to negligence and claims arising from brain injury, spinal tuberculosis, Group B Streptococcus Septicaemia and mesh surgery complications.
I am very grateful to Emmalene and Kriya, they are the ones that made it possible for me to claim compensation and even secured an apology from the hospital. They were very professional and always made time for my calls and emails. I want to thank them for making this happen.
Clinical negligence client
- Helping a mother whose child was stillborn as a result of mistakes that were made in her treatment obtain compensation from an NHS Trust.
- Obtaining compensation following failures in care for a woman who suffered significant anal sphincter injuries (which was not identified nor repaired at the time) as a result of the management and delivery of her second child.
- Representing the family at an Inquest and obtaining admissions of liability from two Mental Health NHS Trusts in respect of the care they provided to a man whose psychiatric care was mismanaged leading to his death.
- Obtaining admissions of liability and compensation for three women who suffered stillbirths as a result of failures in the management of the labour and delivery of their babies.
- Helping to settle a claim and obtain significant damages and an apology for a mother who suffered a fourth-degree tear during the delivery of her first child at Croydon University Hospital.
- Assisting with settling a claim for a woman who underwent surgery to repair a vaginal prolapse and was left with significant injuries requiring further surgery and a colostomy.
- Obtaining compensation for Mrs B whose child, L suffered brain damage as a result of Group B Streptococcus (GBS) septicemia and who died three days after her birth.
- Obtaining compensation and an apology following the death of baby Summer, aged one day old, after failures in the management of her delivery at the Colchester General Hospital
Kriya studied English at Southampton University and went on to study Law. She is a member of APIL.
- Bereaved parents receive compensation following stillbirth of baby
- A couple from Essex who waited nearly five years for an apology from Colchester General Hospital in which their child died shortly after birth, have spoken out to prevent others from suffering what they say has been years of heartbreak
- Mother with birth injuries receives settlement and apology from NHS Trust
- Bereaved family of solicitor settles claim or six-figure sum against treating psychiatrist
- Group B Streptococcus- L’s story
- Woman settles clinical negligence claim in relation to surgery to repair a vaginal prolapse.
We would like to thank Leigh Day and in particular Emmalene, Kriya and all those involved in handling this case for their professionalism and sympathy.
Clinical negligence client