Human rights department
Role type: Permanent, full time
Salary: Dependant on experience, plus benefits
Deadline: 28 August 2022, 23:59:59
Assistant Solicitor (3-5 years PQE) - London
Permanent, full time role
Salary: Dependant on PQE
About Leigh Day
We are a top 100 law firm committed to claimant-only cases, ensuring that individuals have the same access to justice as the UK Government and large corporations. We’re not afraid to take on difficult and challenging cases involving medical negligence, serious personal injuries, discrimination in the workplace, defective products and human rights abuses in this country and overseas.
About the team
Our Human Rights team act for individuals, groups and organisations which brings challenges against public authorities (such as government bodies, local authorities and agencies), in a range of areas such as civil liberties, human rights breaches, community care, and regularly acts in Inquest & Court of Protection cases.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an Immigrated and Asylum Law Accredited (IAAS) Assistant Solicitor with 3-5 years PQE to deal with the full range of immigration and asylum work, including applications, appeals and judicial reviews, including: Asylum, Citizenship and Nationality, Deportation, Human Rights, Human Trafficking, Immigration Bail, Unlawful Detention, Visas Including for Business, Education, Employment and Visits, and Windrush Status Documentation and Compensation.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by 28th August 2022.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form.
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as early as possible in order to be considered.
Commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Leigh Day is committed to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion. We value the diversity of our colleagues, our clients and the third parties with whom we work. We seek to create an environment where everyone feels included and valued for their unique characteristics, skills and abilities and supported in their needs and responsibilities.
• Hybrid working (typically 2 days from home for a full-time worker)
• 29 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
• Enhanced pension contributions, life assurance 4 x salary, healthcare cash plan
• Subsidised gym/ sports team membership, cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
• Free breakfasts & lunch (on selected days)!