Shazia Yamin is a partner in the international and group litigation department and specialises in large-scale product liability litigation on behalf of consumers.
Shazia joined the firm as an assistant solicitor in 2015 and became a partner in April 2021.
Since joining the firm Shazia has spent much of her time working on the Volkswagen NOx Emissions Group Litigation. This is a group claim being brought on behalf vehicle owners following allegations of emissions test cheating in diesel vehicles.
She also leads a further group action underway against the Volkswagen Group following allegations of emissions cheating in vehicles with later engine models and has also worked on a similar claim against Mercedes-Benz.
Read Shazia's blogs
- Consumer group actions: a vital pathway to corporate accountability 7.7.21
Shazia in the news
- Dieselgate: British car buyers’ claim against VW reaches high court, The Guardian, 5 December 2021
- Dieselgate: would you sue Volkswagen? The Times, 28 May 2021
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen faces fresh allegations over Porsche and Audi, ENDS Europe, 26 February 2021
- VW accused over technology fitted after emissions scandal, Financial Times, 11 October 2019
What’s in the Queen’s Speech 2022 for consumers, and what’s missing?
Our consumer and competition law specialists join forces to discuss the positives for consumers included within this year’s Queen’s Speech, where new measures don’t go far enough and what we think is still lacking.
Leigh Day launches emissions group claim against Porsche
Claim includes allegations against Audi and other Volkswagen Group brand vehicles
Dawn of a new era: class action revolution following Supreme Court ruling in Mastercard V Merricks
Shazia Yamin discusses the recent Supreme Court judgment which granted permission for a class action against Mastercard for allegedly overcharging 46 million British consumers during a 15-year period.