Our sectors

To:
postbox@leighday.co.uk
We treat all personal data in accordance with our privacy policy.
Show Site Navigation

 

Jessica’s story

In October 2017, Jessica Robinson returned from the school run to find her house alight. The fire was caused by a Bush washing machine that she had bought from Argos.

Her kitchen was destroyed by fire. Every other room in the house and their contents, including beds, bedding, toys, cots and clothes had been coated in and contaminated  by the black toxic smoke produced by the fire.    
 
Jessica, her young daughter and three dogs were forced out of their home and into temporary accommodation.  




Lorraine's Story

In her story, Lorraine tells us about how she and her family were forced to leave their home for months following a tumble dryer fire:


Emma's Story

Watch Emma's story, where she tells of how she and her son lost everything in a house fire which started in her tumble dryer. Emma’s story highlights the psychological trauma that can result from a fire in the home. Emma suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after the fire, but therapy has given her coping techniques.

 

Share this page: Print this page