Women’s Rights in Healthcare Conference 2022: Discrimination and Inequality in Women’s Healthcare
We are delighted to have hosted our 5th Women’s Rights in Healthcare conference, which focused on discrimination and inequality in women’s healthcare.
We are delighted to have hosted our 5th Women’s Rights in Healthcare conference, which focused on discrimination and inequality in women’s healthcare. The event took place in London Bridge on Thursday 6 October, followed by networking.
We discussed health issues women face when accessing healthcare. Our speakers this year included nurse practitioners, who have seen first-hand shortfalls in and around maternity care, an expert researcher, whose study into the discrimination of women’s health is unparalleled, discussions on the impact of being visually impaired on women's healthcare and women who shared their own experiences facing discrimination. We were also delighted to have Baroness Helena Kennedy KC as our keynote speaker.
Our expert panel:
- Suzanne White | Leigh Day, Chair
- Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws KC | House of Lords, Key Note speaker
- Donna Ockenden | Maternity Review
- Sandra Igwe | The Motherhood Group
- Dr Elinor Cleghorn | Author of Unwell Women
- Lady-Marie Dawson-Malcolm | Spinal Injuries Association
- Whitney and Megan Bacon-Evans | Fertility campaigners for same-sex couples
- Becky Harrison and Hetal Bapodra | Blind Parents UK
- Geeta Nayar | MASIC
The conference was recorded is available for you to view on demand.
Women's Rights in Healthcare 2022: Discrimination and Inequality in Women's Health
Additionally, you can visit our Youtube channel and stream any one of the talks.