Our sectors

We treat all personal data in accordance with our privacy policy.

Leaving care services

Moving on from care is a big step to take. Sometimes it can be a difficult time and, because of this, care leavers are entitled to certain safeguards and support. For example, when leaving care you should be given a pathway plan, a personal advisor and a needs assessment.  Unfortunately, sometimes care leavers do not get the support they are entitled to.

There are various things to sort out when leaving care such as where you will live, whether you want to find a job or continue with education and what benefits you might be entitled to. A personal advisor should help you with these decisions. Support from your local council should continue until you are 21 (or older if you remain in full time education). This should enable you to develop skills to live independently.

Plans for the future should start in good time before you leave care and you should be fully involved in any decisions about your future. 

If you are not happy with the level of support you are receiving you can seek to challenge this.  Our solicitors regularly help young people challenge local councils who have not provided them with sufficient support during this difficult time. 

Share this page: Print this page

Let us call you back at a convenient time

We treat all personal data in accordance with our privacy policy.