Receiving a diagnosis of cancer can be devastating. If your cancer was misdiagnosed, or diagnosed later than it should have been you may be able to bring a medical negligence claim.
Our specialist cancer claims lawyers can support you at this difficult time, and have many years’ experience of helping clients and their families through this process, whether this means getting an apology or explanation, or securing compensation.
Our clinical negligence team has handled many cancer negligence cases relating to the misdiagnosis, mistreatment or delay in the diagnosis of cancer, particularly breast cancer.
If you prefer, or are unable to get to our offices and want to talk to a lawyer about a cancer claim, we can visit you at home or in hospital throughout England and Wales.
Two of our most prominent cases were those of Ruth Picardie and Beth Wagstaff. These two women were in their early thirties, with young families, when they were finally diagnosed with breast cancer. They both died because their cancer was not picked up early enough and tragically, their deaths could have been prevented.
Other types of claims relating to cancer are medication issues in chemotherapy, the side effects of medications and the incorrect treatment or inappropriate treatment of cancers.
Examples of cancer cases where we have secured compensation include:
- Settling a case on behalf of a woman who died when her cervical smear test was misdiagnosed
- Acting for parents whose two year old child died when his brain tumour was missed
- Securing compensation for the family of a man whose bladder cancer was misdiagnosed and mistreated leading to his early death
- Acting for a number of people whose diagnosis of Hodgkin’s lymphoma was delayed
- Representing a man whose arm had to amputated when his sarcoma cancer was mistreated and misdiagnosed
- Settling a claim for a man whose prostate cancer was not diagnosed until it was too late to avoid a radical prostatectomy, ongoing pain and urinary incontinence.
- Acting for the parents of a two year old girl who during cancer treatment developed hydrocephalus which went undiagnosed and untreated causing her death.
You can be reassured that our medical negligence team is one of the largest and most experienced in the country and has been top-ranked by legal directories for more than a decade.
Workplace cancer claims
If you have received a diagnosis of cancer which you think was caused by exposure to a dangerous substance in your workplace our industrial disease lawyers can help you with a compensation claim.
You or a member of your family may have contracted mesothelioma because of asbestos exposure, and you may be struggling to deal with the emotional and financial implications that this means. Our asbestos team can help you bring a compensation claim, which can give you and your family peace of mind.