Human Rights department
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Deadline: 3 December 2023, 23:59:59
Billing Clerk – Human Rights – Manchester
Competitive, plus benefits
About Leigh Day
We are a top 100 law firm committed to claimant-only cases, ensuring that individuals have the same access to justice as the UK Government and large corporations. We’re not afraid to take on difficult and challenging cases involving medical negligence, serious personal injuries, discrimination in the workplace, defective products and human rights abuses in this country and overseas.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Billing Clerk, placed within the Human Rights Department in the Manchester office, to support members of the firm with all aspects of legal aid billing work. This role will include preparing and progressing legal aid bills arising from cases involving judicial reviews, claims under the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act, abuse, Court of Protection, immigration and asylum, inquests, and clinical negligence.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by 3 December 2023.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form.
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as early as possible in order to be considered.
Commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Leigh Day is committed to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion. We value the diversity of our colleagues, our clients and the third parties with whom we work. We seek to create an environment where everyone feels included and valued for their unique characteristics, skills and abilities and supported in their needs and responsibilities.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status
• Hybrid working (typically 2 days from home for a full-time worker)
• 29 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
• Enhanced pension contributions
• Life assurance 4 x salary
• Healthcare cash plan
• Subsidised gym/ sports team membership up to 50% off
• Cycle to work scheme
• BUPA Private Health Insurance
• Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
• Free breakfasts & lunch every day.