Gemma is a solicitor in the clinical negligence department at Leigh Day.
Gemma qualified at the firm in September 2008, and works for partner Suzanne White.
Gemma handles a wide range of cases, but has a particular interest in obstetric cases, brain injury cases and cytogenetic work.
Some of her key cases include:
- Securing compensation for a mother whose child’s chromosomal abnormality was not picked up during antenatal testing
- Reaching settlement on a case where a child’s cerebral palsy was caused by maternal uterine rupture after a previous caesarean section
- Settling a claim for a child who suffered a hypoxic brain injury at birth, due to mismanaged labour
- Obtaining compensation for a child who suffered a brain injury in utero from an amniocentesis needle
- Acting for a child with cerebral palsy, whose brain injury was caused by mismanaged neonatal ventilator settings resulting in prolonged hypocarbia
Gemma is member of the INQUEST Lawyers Group.