5 March 2012
It is reported in the media that a young woman was temporarily blinded and admitted to hospital for three days recently when she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a hair dye kit. As instructed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before applying the Clairol ‘Nice n’ Easy’ natural black colour. However, a severe reaction to the hair dye left Rowe with a very badly swollen head which left her unable to see for three days. She was treated with steroids which reduced the swelling but had to be re-admitted to hospital several times in the following month after developing sores and further swelling. She was finally diagnosed as being allergic to a chemical that is commonly found in hair dyes, para-phenylenediamine (PPD). Unfortunately Rowe lost her job because of the amount of time she had to have off work.
Hair dye claims
If you have suffered injury and other losses after using a home hair dye kit you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturers of the hair dye. Faulty consumer goods claims
solicitor Michelle Victor
has represented a number of people who have suffered an adverse reaction after using hair dye. If you would like to speak to Michelle
for a free and friendly initial consultation please contact her on 020 7650 1360
Information was correct at time of publishing. See terms and conditions for further details.