13 February 2012
The Wakefield Express
7.2.12 has reported that the inquest into the death of pensioner Henry Dix who died on 22nd January 2012 after suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at his home in Sharlston has opened and been adjourned. The inquest heard the fire was thought to be caused by an electrical fault in a fridge-freezer.
Faulty fridge freezers have been implicated as the cause of a number of house fires in the last two years, with the London Fire Brigade
saying that a fire in London in June 2011 was caused by a Beko appliance.
Leigh Day and faulty consumer products
Specialist product liability
lawyers at Leigh Day have extensive experience of dealing with defective goods
that have caused injury. The team has been identified by Chambers guide to the legal profession and by the Legal 500 as the UK’s number 1 firm in this field. The team has secured significant amounts of compensation for people who have been injured by faulty medical devices
(including hip replacements), unsafe drugs
and other faulty consumer products
such as dishwashers, fridge, and freezers. If you would like to speak to one of our product liability solicitors please contact Jill Paterson
on 020 7650 1219
for a free initial consultation.
Information was correct at time of publishing. See terms and conditions for further details.